Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Soul Scrolls Social Media

 


What I didn't become
What I didn't make
What I am not
What I lack
Where I've failed
What went wrong
What fell through
What went up in smoke
What came to naught
What ran aground
What met with disaster
What went down the tubes
The musical score of ruin
The pages of living unsuccessfully
Psychological ticks lost to stalemate
There's no such thing as society
Tony Robbins is not your guru
This he told me
Under the gazebo
In a silent park named Dvorak
Fractures in the purple sky
Tony Robbins ascending
(His mesmerizing teeth)
Then plummeting missile-like
Into temporary fencing
Landing barefoot in the tent city
Tony Robbins now beat fellaheen blue
Striding broke-kneed callous-footed
Grateful to be fallen wandering

(drawing by Robert Jessup, 1985) 
All reac

No comments: