Sunday, September 5, 2021

The Apostle James Speaks

 "And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them. And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him." -- Matthew, Chapter 4, verses 20 and 21, King James version

What a mistake.
I miss the waters -
The way they sparkled
When I looked upon them
To cast my net.
The man I have followed
Appears to be quite mad.
I miss my father Zebedee.
He loved me and my brother John
And we left him an old man
To fish the Kinneret Lake alone.
What must he think of us?
I miss our mother.
She made us fresh bread
Each morning before we walked
Down to the lake.
She taught us songs
I still sing in my mind
When I wander away from the group
At night and lay beneath the moon
Remembering.



No comments: