Friday, September 6, 2024

NOT THERE STILL NOW

 


My friend leaned out
Of a second story window
Of a wood slat 19th century
House slapped together
For Maine mill workers
And said I always wondered
What it would be like
To go mad
It was a bad experience
From which he did not return
But could have I think
Even as he had stopped
Forward motion
Or was receding
A march back up the ladder
Might have engaged
With enough time movement
And experiments
And failures
The state he entered
At the end
Was like he was
Demetabolizing
In order to pass through
A bank vault door
But had become stuck
Undone into particles
Trapped midway through passage
Within the mineral plane
Halted vibrating
At too high
A frequency to feel well
And too low
To move through
I hope he is not
There still now
I don't think he is
After he left
An information bulletin
Kept arriving in my mind
He was somewhere else
Solving what he couldn't here

No comments: