Saturday, August 8, 2026

A.I. Is Dumb


 

AI is dumb
It can't think like me
Look I just thought of a hippopotamus
Waddling across the savannah
And then singing a song by hank williams
"Jambalaya"
And then I try to think of the ingredients
Of jambalaya
(Rice, onion, green pepper, maybe alligator...)
And then I try to remember the lyrics to the song
"Jambalaya"
(Is it the "we're gonna have big fun
On the bayou" hank song)?
And then I think about the possible origin
Of the word jambalaya
(It's got mb next to each other
This often suggests african origin)
And my chain of thoughts
And my searching in my mind
And the lacunae in my memory
The result of traumas
AI has not and cannot experience
Allows me to imagine a blood orange moon
Poised above the landscape
And the hippopotamus turns around
He wants to be in the shallow river
With the moonlight on his back
As he sinks into the cool muck

No comments: