Sunday, November 14, 2021

Loser

Loser, I'm a loser. Let me lose again. Let me pick the wrong number. Let me choose the wrong card. Fold me into a suitcase like a ventriloquist's dummy and let me become lost luggage. Let me linger in a locker. Jesus Christ was a loser, a tramp and a lunatic. Winners are killing us - disappearing the clownfish, the parrotfish, the hammerhead, the manta ray. We must lose better. Lose more completely. Lose like vaudeville saints and fools. Every winner, a world destroyer. "Mar-a-Lago," sea-to-lake-to-puddle-to-drop. Stores on Mars full of items made by people peeing into bottles, timing their shits, scrawling messages on screens - Help I'm prisoner. If I could, I would fold myself like a ventriloquist's dummy and place myself inside this thing to pop out to tell you to stop. To tell you I'm a loser, to tell you the losers are here, baby, and now it's game over.




No comments: